Friday 11 October 2013

Reality 2.5 for DazStudio - testing, testing

Ok, so I've recently purchased two things that I've been really eager to test: Lali's Bits for V4 by Erogenesis and Reality 2.5 for DazStudio by Paolo Ciccone.

Lali's bits are by far the best genital prop for V4, not only because it has a bunch of excellent morphs, but also because it features fixes for how her ass looks when bent-over. Right now I'm working on integrating the textures with my favourite V4 textures in a fashion that looks realistic. From there, I'll go on to rebuild my V4 characters from scratch to work with DazStudio.

Why leave Carrara, you might ask? Well, because I've tried Reality 2.5 and rendering with LuxRender. It has some bloody BRILLIANT features that are lacking in Carrara's rendering engine, but mostly the ability to adjust lighting on-the-fly and getting an instant preview is what interests me. So much so that I am willing to abandon some of Carrara's many excellent features, like the built-in modeller.

Anyway. Here's a test render I cranked out. V4 with Lana Elite textures. Lit by only HDRI-IBL with a light-probe that comes with Reality 2.5, and a simple mesh-light for some nice highlights in her eyes. Gorgeous, isn't she. But perhaps I made her eyes a bit too large. Mosly, I do that so nobody will mistake her for a real person.

As usual, please let me know what you think, ok?

No comments: