Friday 14 September 2007

Candle Holder


Finally! I finally managed to produce a picture with which I am truly happy and pleased!

This is my third ever render using Carrara 6 Pro, and the picture took quite some time setting up. I just love the way the program lets you preview a small test render to see if you're on the right track. That makes it so much easier to get control over the results.

I used only a single light for this picture - the one producing the halo around the candle. I cranked the render settings way high for this one - heavy anti-aliasing, best quality and resolution for shadows and lighting etc - and it paid off! Render took just under two hours on my P4, 2.4 GHz, 1GB ram engine, and 70% of the time was spent just rendering the girl's hair!!!

I'm calling this picture "Candle Holder" - because that was my project name for it. You'll have to think of your own story for now. I've imagined that a young girl has somehow gotten lost in the deep cellars beneath her college dormitory, and that she is surprised by her pervert teacher. Why she is nekkid is another matter. Perhaps she was doing some laundry when a fuse blew and the cellar became pitch black?

No comments: